PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Are Easyjet taking advantage.
View Single Post
Old 14th Sep 2001, 14:08
flypastpastfast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Friends of mine flew from Luton last night with EZY. The security checks while probably better than before, are very 'heath robinson' and anyone really trying to avoid detection could probably still do so. This seems to be due to the passengers being held in departure shopping lounge until last minute then everyone quesues to get through security at once. Not very well organised. Seems to be understaffed.

Please don't any ezy staff take exception to these comments, as I know the staff on the ground are working flat out and they have my sympathy, probably related more to management.

Ezy currently will not allow any handluggage other than say essential medical items or a book or newspaper, but I think this is in line with other airlines.

They have also ceased selling drinks and snacks on board and passengers are told this is a security precaution?

Last night at approx 7pm in Luton, boards were showing at least five flights by EZY cancelled, which seems strange considering they fly to neither the USA or Middle east. Before anyone says it, yes I do understand the short turnaround times. I also am suspicious, but then again I've never believed the EZY hype at any time.

To make matters worse, flight to Edin last night was delayed by four dimwits for around 45 mins. I'd have had them shot. Captain was apparently a true diplomat in the situation.