PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MANCHESTER - 9
Thread: MANCHESTER - 9
View Single Post
Old 8th Apr 2014, 09:53
rutankrd

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Still quoted by some is the myth that MAN can't support Premium pax. I can only speak from my experience in using Business class on EK, QR,DL, LX & LH. When I have been on them,they have always been full. Frequently the J class fares ex MAN have been higher than LHR. Sure I can't quote actual yield but all those carriers are committed to Manchester for a reason.
As I and other have said Manchester major problem preventing it crossing the rubicon lies in not having benefit of a resident network/legacy carrier.

The question remains Why it that ?

Where is the Northern entrepreneur able to identify that demand and convert it into a viable long term business ?

One things for sure a few having moved south have found all that is shiny isn't necessarily gold !

There are remarkable few airports anywhere that handle 20+ million pa without a single major resident player - That is a conundrum in itself.
The only other EU airport comparable might well be Palma !

And sure Manchester has known abilities to create premium demand and drive cargo as well.

Hey much of the valuable cargo demand is outbound unlike London and that being real economic benefit to UK PLC !

Still we continue to see railway line economics rule and a magnitude more service between LON-NYC than many a local bus service !