PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MANCHESTER - 9
Thread: MANCHESTER - 9
View Single Post
Old 7th Apr 2014, 15:47
Bagso

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It is a fair point Skip BUT would any of us have given SAUDIA a prayer six months back ?

Even the most passionate dare say deluded supporters of MAN (me included), would have thought no chance !

I'm sure you would, at the time, have justifiably quoted the squeeze from the MEBs, lack of connectivity, lack of branding et al, I would have agreed , BUT lo and behold there is already talk of expanded frequency to 4 a week, poss daily according to LAX and larger aircraft are already being used !

...and what if LHR does not get its RWs where then ?

Is it not better to focus on a secondary UK airport no matter how flaky you consider its credentials ?

Countries want to do business with London and indeed the UK plc !

I don't necessarily buy into this idea that everybody will migrate to Amsterdam, Paris etc if airlines cannot get into LHR, some will, but surely others will look at other opportunities, we are trading nation and countries will look for opportunities, if that mean flying 200 miles North to access a market ...they will !

Manchester connects 18 UK domestic points LHR now only12, it is equidistant to Leeds, Sheffield, Bradford and indeed Liverpool by car, if you want to bring wealth to the North is there not therefore an argument that MAN is as vital as LHR for UK trade or does that not count ?

What's the point in serving LHR "The Hub" if that hub does not then connect the rest of the UK and you cannot get to the City where you are doing business ?