PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Habsheim
Thread: Habsheim
View Single Post
Old 6th Apr 2014, 22:50
HazelNuts39

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by CONF iture
I thought the graph was supposed to be a "Recoupement from Habsheim" but are you now suggesting there is in fact not much to be 'recouped' ... ?
The report discusses the difficulty of reproducing simultaneously all elements of the accident flight. My understanding of "Recoupement" is that the objective of Bechet's simulator exercise was to 'replay' the accident flight. The point you are criticising does not concern Bechet's simulation as such, but is about how Asseline's trajectory has been plotted on the graph for comparison with the simulated flight.

I thought you had earlier established the gain at 10 ft ... ?
Actually I said 'less than 10 ft' here. I do not recall exactly how I arrived at that number, but I may have meant to say that Bechet gained 'less than 10 ft' on Asseline in those 5 seconds. Apologies if my wording was imprecise.

And if you increase your AoA by 5 degrees in 2 seconds what would be the IAS falling rate ... ?
If you increase your AoA the loadfactor increases. The IAS continues to fall until the thrust has increased sufficiently to accelerate the airplane.