PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - PAS, AFPS75, PVR and 5 years
View Single Post
Old 6th Apr 2014, 19:38
SVK

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts
m0nkfish, my offer also states that the 5yr ROS starts immediately upon signing, but if you want the PAS pension then you will still have to 5yrs past your original 16/38 point.

But in order to qualify for the AFPS15 EDP, you would have to serve till your 20/40 point anyway - unless you have accepted the Offer to Extend in which case why wouldn't you take PAS for the extra pension it would give you anyway?

Transferring to PAS straight away would also make the offer a lot more palatable:

By my, admittedly rough, calculations; if I transferred to a PAS pay scale now as a Level 9 with Top Rate Flying Pay, then I would start on PAS Level 18ish rising to PAS Level 21 by my original 16/38 point. This would also benefit me with the 'career average' portion of AFPS15.

However by not transferring to PAS pay scale immediately, I will be a Level 9 with Enhanced Rate Flying Pay by the time of my 16/38 point and thus start the PAS payscale at Level 20. In the meantime I would have spent 2yrs ish on AFPS15 with the vastly reduced 'career average' that would have brought.

Thank Goodness for the protected rights of AFPS75 - until 2015 anyway.