PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SARS and CX cadet pilot programme and forum attitudes
Old 24th Apr 2003, 19:21
Sick Squid

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Velvet_Ice, with the greatest of respect you really do need to pause and reflect here. What you may not realise is that out of the experienced contributors you have knocked here, questioning the relevance of their views in the process there are some who can make connections you have no access to with your current position on the aviation food chain.

PPRuNe Towers and I have both seen wannabes post on the site for many years, seen how they deport themselves with the advice they are given, watched how they take criticism as it is presented in the sometimes abrupt manner of a bulletin board. Most importantly, however, we have also met many of these people in the flesh and been able to translate impressions garnered here into outcomes in the World of aviation, and watched this over quite a period of time with many contributors. We can draw a very simple line in the sand early on, and place people either side of that line based on our knowledge and experience that comes from that invaluable translation from written page, to face-to-face, and also our simple knowledge garnered as captains doing the job you aspire to day-in-and day-out.

The advice you have been given above is priceless, because again with respect, in the impression you give here have to in my opinion seriously take stock of your attitudes and motivation. It is your choice whether or not you take the advice and criticism; the contributors on the board do not have to give it, and you may consider their (and indeed Towers and my) experience irrrelevant and meaningless. Fine. That is your prerogative.

Whatever you do, good luck.

Sick Squid
PPRuNe Admin/Moderator
(Former CX pilot)