PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Still flying after Ansett & related stuff - Vol 2.
Old 24th Apr 2003, 19:11
Eastwest Loco

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
bonvol and Kaptin M

I am well aware that I am with a tough and sometimes vitriolic crowd here, and you guys could not be where you are if you were any other way. In a perverse way, I enjoy it as it is a close as I can get to being back in a testosterone charged airport environment for now.

It is a hard fight to get where you are or were, and I would not wish to change one little thing about personalities, as if I could or would want to.

bonvol - I have broad shoulders as you will no doubt remember, and if I am not capable of copping it, I indeed should not be here.

As for the feathers flying mate, I am well aware of what you mean and have heard the tales. I speak as I find, but was disappointed to hear many years ago that the dark side of the force existed. Damned shame.

Kap - thank you for an endorsement I am not sure I have earned, but very much appreciate. That really caught me on the back foot, but in a very pleasant way. I do really care about this industry and as you would have gathered feel it is greater than the sum of all of us, as we are carrying the burden of those great people from the day of its inception until now.

The only other thing that I can add now is that a force divided is a force defeated.

I have learned many more details about a dark time in all of our histories through this forum, and am grateful for the knowledge as it makes any opinion I may form more valid through it's absorbtion. This combined from what I know makes the conspiracy againsts all of US even more evil.

Clive

What an intelligent and insightful gentleman.It was almost like having my uncle, the late Boomer Collins (Ex RAAF then TN) in the room again. Thank you for excellent input.

Lastly - Woomera

How bleeding tolerant are you, singularly or collectively. There has been a little bloodletting in this topic but you have allowed it to flow within reason and I am sure we all appreciate that and it is amazing how the good people in the forum have moderated. An interesting series of angst graphs could be produced.

Also, thank you for pausing proceedings for Billy Hobday's departure. That, and the fact it was requested by a member in the room speaks volumes for the participating parties and their real feelings for each other reaching beyond the hurt that was '89. Godspeed Bill.

There is hope for this industry while we all hold the dream.

I have never lost it, despite being redundant 3 times in the industry. If you are not with the one you love, love the one you're with good people.

Fly safely and to the absolute limit of your ability (God I wish I could) and enjoy every second.

Thank you all for endorsing a ground hog,and allowing me to participate.

Best regards all

EWL

Ron Knight