PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - How to thread drift in 720 posts!!!
View Single Post
Old 5th Apr 2014, 22:02
yr right

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ok lets start here then.
Radial engines are different , every heard of crank angle for a start and the difference I was referring to is the manufacture of the cylinder and then you have cooling as well.
GAM injector work because of the differing crank angle and are matched to each cylinder accordingly.
Also how are you monitoring the different cylinder's with muti cht egt or single probes.?

Jaba I sad earlier that how much fuel do you have to save to replace one cylinder if you run LOP. By your own admission you said that poor quality from the OME. Sorry you cant have it both ways.
What im saying is what I see, broken engines. I guess it keeps me in a job.

Now, I have read and sorry don't have the information here with me. Plugs have different heat ranges. Also when the plug fires the plug itself is a mini combustion chamber. It ignites then travels into the plug before shooting out across the piston head creating a flame front. This is totally different to a turbine igniter plug which has a flat face, im guessing that this provides a better flame front and as such a better more complete burn with a fine wire plug as opposed to a massive electrode which is mostly shielded mmm not sure but perhaps food for thought.