PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - How to thread drift in 720 posts!!!
View Single Post
Old 5th Apr 2014, 12:59
yr right

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Jaba
Radial engines cant be compared to Lyc or Cont engines. To say that its manufacting faults is way to simplistic for a start. Ive change more than enough cylinders to see that. Operators that don't overly lean with no problems and others that do and have problems. Heat is transferred from the valve stem to the guild and from the valve to the seat. You all seam to be worried about the temp its the fact that the gas flow is not fully combusted and is still burning as it passes the valve. Hence it burns the valve. Once the valve is breached it then cant seal and more gas passes and it gets worse.

You can have all the graphs in the world, im sorry but real life has shown me a totally different out come. Im happy to keep change them out if you all wont to keep doing it, your not hurting my wallet.

Now on the accident. The ASTB started pre ignition from the lead on the top of the piston, how ever Lcy said that this was not the case, As I recall the first engine had a crank failaure and the second engine was move to a higher power setting with out the mixture being placed into full rich. Now pre ignition how is that caused ?????? leaning out perhaps. See fuel is also cooling and specially for air cooled engines. To get to an O Peak you must go though the hottest part of the burn. Like I said real world shows what happens.
Jaba always happy to learn btw

Last edited by yr right; 5th Apr 2014 at 13:01. Reason: dislexic error