PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - "Best passenger..."
View Single Post
Old 24th Apr 2003, 17:03
aeroflirt

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ukhomerj you are a funny man

homerj ,

I'm gutted honey. What do you mean you don't come into the galley to chat us up ? You've destroyed my fragile ego. It's not that I particularly enjoy being chatted up by bleary eyed middle aged businessmen but it's nice to know they want to. And do you mind not telling the whole board that I read the Sun ?

However , given the blatant toadying about British crews being your favourite , I will forgive your transgressions , reluctantly dig out one more scotch for you (wearing my sniffy look naturally)and bash my trolley into the annoying woman who forgot to take her headphones off AND did not stack her tray properly instead.

You want an overwing exit seat with loads of legroom ? Sorry , you have to know the check-in duty manager (intimately) or flirt outrgeously with the crew. Grovelling always helps.

Sorry , can't smile. I'm still waiting for a trip to Capetown to get my teeth bleached.

Just one more thing , please don't ring your call bell unless you are squashed into a window seat. I'm far too busy to answer as I've still got OK magazine to get through. And as I gave up my vegetarian crew meal to a passenger who forgot to order one , I've got to try and eat some of the left over , now congealed beef option.

Phew . Managed the beef although not entirely convinced that's what it was , although it tasted better after I'd sprayed it with my bottle of extra strong perfume that I keep just for work.

Blood sugar levels now normal..........

"Hello sir ! Of course I don't mind you coming into the galley . Scotch sir , no problem. Shall I make you a double ? By the way ,
I've noticed that you're a big chap and I've been meaning to tell you all flight that there is a spare seat at the overwing if you want it . I notice from your reading material that you are a pilot . What a shame. I would have loved to take you onto the flight deck for a visit but since 9.11 we are not permitted to do so. Just press your call bell if I can do anything else for you at all sir."

We are all humans , cramped into a tube together for long periods of time. We all have good and bad days. To be good crew or lovely passengers is simple . Rise above your preconceptions and smile , even when you really don't want to. Let's face it , as the cliche goes , it really does cost nothing.

End of sermon. Peace to you all xxxxxxxxxxxx