PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - How to thread drift in 720 posts!!!
View Single Post
Old 5th Apr 2014, 01:38
Creampuff

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
No, that won't do at all, yr right.

It was you who cited "hi performance ignition systems used in the aftermarket car industry" as the basis for your assertion that magnetos fitted to GA piston engines deliver multiple sparks. You could be correct (I very much doubt it), but if you are it won't be on the basis of what aftermarket car ignitions happen to do. Do you have any actual data or credible reference to cast doubt on the veracity of the trace at figure 1.0 at the link in my post at #26?

And you clearly spend very little time, if any, behind a GA piston engine on which your life depends. If you did, you'd know that occasionally manufacturers' commercial interests influence their recommendations and willingness to 'own' problems. (In that regard they are lot like engineers: Problems with engines are always caused by pilot mismanagement and never by poor design, poor manufacture, poor fitment or ham-fisted maintenance. Just ask the manufacturers and the engineers... )

And if you'd spent any real time behind a GA piston engine on which your life depends, you'd also know how plug problems manifest themselves in the air. Most of the plugs I've ditched were ditched due to actual, in-air problems, and those plugs were within manufacturer's specification and tested OK on the bench on the ground.

I'm sure you have many, many years of experience yr right, just like Trent 972. It's just that it's been the same year, over and over again.