PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 2014 Typhoon display jet 'special' colour scheme...
Old 2nd Apr 2014, 17:39
Dominator2

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
MAINJAFAD,

You seem to have most of the answers so it should not be too difficult to create and introduce a design that we all would be proud of. I'm sure that CinC Air Command and indeed, the whole of the Air Board would love to see the Premier RAF aircraft displayed in a 21st century graphic design and not a 1950s paint job. I know that we got rid of our painters and finishers and so are stuck with a contractor, Serco at present. In my experience there is normally a way to generate goodwill from most reasonable contractors.
Courtney, you state that other nations "fancy graphics" make their aircraft look good but that is not in the MOD's style. Well maybe it is about time that the MOD updated it's style.
It is quite galling to see German, French and Turkish aircraft turned out at a standard to make their personnel and publics proud. I'm tired of the attitude that "we know we are the best" so we don't try very hard. I'm also fed up with hearing all of the reasons why it can't be done rather than inventiveness and cunning to overcome modern day bureaucracy.