PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MANCHESTER - 9
Thread: MANCHESTER - 9
View Single Post
Old 2nd Apr 2014, 10:54
Bagso

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
5 new long haul routes with increases on 2-3 other long haul routes, plenty of short haul increases, at least 6 new based aircraft and lots of development around the airport and hopefully soon directly on airport too.

Well said, all the more reason why there should be more political support for Manchester especially when we continue to get idiotic statements from local MPs

http://www.conservativehome.com/plat...ritain-fly.htm

I refer to this gem which was referred to me in a reply from Mr Brady when I suggested that given the big push of long haul from Manchester he would do well to support his "LOCAL" airport instead of pushing London !

Graham Brady is the local Tory MP for Sale and also chairman of the 1922 committee who will be responsible for electing the next Tory leader when Mr Cameron steps down.

Whilst "George C" never misses a photo opportunity other local Tories seems ambivalent , I am also puzzled by the stance of Labour ?

Given that Manchester is slapbang in Labour territory why on earth would Milliband not grasp the opportunity to suggest expansion "in the North" based on this evidence ....... even "IF" it were for purely political reasons !

Come to think of it has he ever actually been up here ?

I do wonder if MAG actually brief MPs on what's happening at Manchester as the airport appears to have a somewhat lack lustre profile in political circles.

They really should be shouting about these developments to both MPs and indeed my arch nemesis Mr Davies !

It's all very well presenting your response to Davies to a bunch of plane spotters but I cannot help thinking they should be targeting opinion makers !