PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - R.I.P. Simferopol ACC
View Single Post
Old 2nd Apr 2014, 09:16
SINGAPURCANAC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I know that Ukraina had no any real power to react towards situation with Krim.
Krim just ceased and join Russian federation. It is better of course, unless you are menager of western weapon company in which case your sales plan fall behind expectation.

It will be interesting to see how "international community" will raect now.

At one side, there is Ukraina. According to them, Krim is part of Ukraina so rensponsibility over airspace (control,management and everything else ) is theirs. Relevant international documents backed this.

On the other side, there is Russian federation, who now accepts Krim,incorporated in their constitution (and other laws ) so Russia has no other option than to provide service and accept rensposibility over airspace above their teritory. Strictly speaking there is no differrence between Novosibirsk , Vladivostok, and Krim. They must do it . Relevant international documents backed this.

You can't recognize Russia as a state (even more as a member of UN with all their rights in that institution ) without respecting their teritory. It is not possible to separate towns, regions etc, in that context. You recognize state or not.

As it is obvious both sides claim the same thing.At next level further question becomes more interesting: Who effectivelly controls airspace?

As the answer obvious nfc.

Altough russian aircraft aren't nothing especial, and it is very under question how russian pilots are trainned, how many aircraft is available, how the system works (or doesn't work ) they (russians ) still have enough cards in their hands.
Just a name it few: money,gas, oil, titanium, and if all those fail (air force will fail before that) thay still have nuclear waepon,. A lot of it. What is the bigger problem in that context? They don't have a problem to use it.

That is something that everybody (except Ukraininas ) knows. And that is the reason why nobody will question,directly, effective russian control of airspace above Krim. Whatever some EU birocrats say.

In their history, russians never loose their teritory forever. Some occupation happend, but loosing teritory is not their style.
Ukrainians should know it better. You lived with them.

if we returning to use of airspace ,my bet goes to,
Eurocontrol will closed that portion of airspace, until political solution reached.
Russian will incorporate airspace in their system.
there won't be direct flights over Krim,or landings/departures from these airports.
Russians will connect those airports with their airports, and will reduce (subside airfares ) prices for flying there.
It will bring more flights and more syetm and people will need for safe system functioning.
Than managers of western companies will spot "great opportunity" ,russians will pay , and more or less, Krim will become normal part of World airpace structure.
they will explain it, with : human rights, bussiness without borders, safety first, increasing customer satisfaction, etc.

That is the raeson why Russian say :
Eurocontrol? Who the f***

@TC Ukraina,
believe me, I saw simillar example with my eyes.