PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 737 Engine Fire checklist
View Single Post
Old 2nd Apr 2014, 08:43
Mach E Avelli

Received 168 Likes on 106 Posts
Or don't regurgitate the exact words, but communicate clearly including either the words 'fire' or 'severe damage'.
Ensure that the actual check is flown to a very high standard.

That way, you give the anal checkie something to hook into you on the debrief. Some guys really need to have things to criticize. It enhances the blood flow to their nether regions.

In a former life we had a guy who was fixated on a couple of really minor things which he had decided should be done his way rather than Boeing's way, so I always did these 'wrong' to wind him up. The F/Os all knew about my little mind game and went along with it, knowing that it would also work to their advantage. This checkie would become sufficiently agitated by my gross disregard of what he wanted that he invariably missed most of our real mistakes. You could actually feel this guy bouncing on the edge of the instructor seat and hear his furious scribbling of debrief notes. But, other than a slight mark down for SOP, we always got good enough grades. After all, we had to be on the roster the next day so he could skive off to see his girlfriend.