PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - How to thread drift in 720 posts!!!
View Single Post
Old 1st Apr 2014, 20:44
Creampuff

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Some slight tweaks to yours, progressive, so that you’re giving the whole picture.

The requirement for the oil change/filter inspection is clearly set out in AD/ENG/4 requirement A3 for private ops - within the manufacturers recommended period + or - 10%.
But ….

AD/ENG/4 only applies to piston engines fitted to aircraft maintained to Schedule 5.

Further …

AD/ENG/4 ‘points’ to the engine manufacturer’s data.

So…

What you meant to say was:

(1) if a piston engine is fitted to an aircraft maintained to Schedule 5; and
(2) the engine manufacturer’s data specifies oil/filter changes more frequently than e.g. Annually/100 hourly,

the outcome is that AD/ENG/4 mandates the more frequent changes, subject to the margin specified in the AD.

What those periodicities happen to be change from engine-to-engine type/part number to engine type/part number.

Also…

It’s possible for the aircraft to be maintained in accordance with a system of maintenance (i.e. neither Schedule 5 nor the manufacturer’s maintenance schedule, although I concede that a system of maintenance would normally reflect the engine manufacturer’s oil/filter change recommendations).

Re ignition systems: You obviously think you know lots about ignition systems, but have learnt very little. Do a search on the Champion massive electrode internal resistor problem.

You 'gap' fine wire plugs? You’re not going anywhere near my engine.