PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Swiss 146 engine explodes at London City
View Single Post
Old 31st Mar 2014, 19:42
PAXboy
Paxing All Over The World

Received 62 Likes on 50 Posts
Angel

Good question ExXB.

I agree Rwy in Sight, that radeng did give a strong contribution the last time we discussed this topic.

For myself, my jacket will have:
  • Wallett
  • Passport
  • Mobile (cell) phone
  • 24 hrs medication (if relevant at the time)
With those, I can do most of what is needed. I would put my jacket on for warmth as it might be 24 hrs and if the machine IS on fire, that's the end of my case!

Shoes: I always wear modern boots (ankle lenth) that have soft sides and simply untie the laces to let me feet swell but I would not have to waste time looking for them. If I'm asleep horizontaly, I have taken my boots off but it's anyone's guess if any of us will have time to gather ourselves before impact. But this thread is about runway evacuations and I always have my boots on and laced until the cruise and then from the top of descent. No point in running across tarmac onto rough ground in socks. Again, it may be 24hrs before I get my case, if ever.

The only problem is that, given limits to phone battery life, I would need to find a spare charger (I would have cash and credit cards) but I could send messages to those who needed to know of the delay. There would also be enough juice to take a Selfie as I run away from the machine, showing others carrying their luggage for me to post in PPruNe.