PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Dodgy Manoeuvre.....
View Single Post
Old 23rd Apr 2003, 05:22
Fancy Navigator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dodgy Manoeuvre.....

Hi Folks
Just to say that I was training today doing touch and goes..... After one of the landings, the aircraft went straight towards the edge of the runway, so I tried to steer it back towards the centreline gently, but the brakes and rudder pedals went a bit funny , so I had to use rudder a bit more than I should have..... I veered back in the middle quite briskly at about 40-45 kts, Flaps 30, but at that moment, the aircraft lifted off.... I applied full power and gradually put flaps up...... everything went OK, but I think it was a bit of a dodgy manoeuvre....
In fact, everything went very quickly, and I do not know if the aircraft went off because I pulled back the controls.....?? or because of the "skid" to the right.... I did not really have time to think what I was doing, I had to act right away and make sure I was not going to go in the grass or then, to crash (I made sure though I still had some airspeed left, which I had [about 40 knots]....
Anyway, just wanted to share this experience..... If anyone knows what might have happened, please let me know.....
Cheers