PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Georgia USA likes guns
View Single Post
Old 26th Mar 2014, 23:02
grounded27

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This is common in the south and not limited to Georgia. When you live somewhere where there are this many guns the common fear is only the unlawful that posses guns will carry. I live in a suburb of a decent sized southern city, was not born here (in this culture) but do own several guns. As of recent I have thought seriously of getting my carry permit, criminals are seeking more and more to commit violent crime out in the suburbs.

I do not worry about anyone breaking into my house at nite as history has shown it is a certain death sentence. Everyone has a gun in their home here, everything from tactical shotguns to high cap handguns to high cap "sporting" rifles. I worry about my home getting broken into in the daytime when people think I may be at work (my wife knows how to click off a safety and pull a trigger).

I was not born in this country and have had to adapt to different cultures, just wanted to share my experience with "ya'll". I want to help you understand the difference in culture from what is normal to you, it is nothing more.

One thing that is a bit over the top to me is the pistol wielding pilot who can carry on domestic flights as a (special permit) Air Marshall. The most dangerous thing in an aircraft is a pilot!