PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Still flying after Ansett & related stuff - Vol 2.
Old 22nd Apr 2003, 21:47
Kaptin M
Moderate, Modest & Mild.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Lightbulb

Zoolander, I am one of those who was accused of having applied and being rejected. Yes I did apply, however the application was in for less than 3 days before I withdrew it, in the company of the then Brisbane Branch chairman. The reply from the BNE RFM was, " We haven't received your application." Possibly because it was delivered to the Valley office, and not the airport.
A friend at the time, who was also on the BNE branch subsequently scabbed and later became a checkie on the A320, I understand, commented later, "If I'd known, I would have told you not to withdraw your application."
Yet the truth has been distorted to perhaps act as a salve for some of the scabs....."Whatisname and whoisface applied, but they rejected them."

As a collective group, the NON-credibility of the scabs' word is one that has been proven beyond doubt - phnompenhkid has refreshed the reputation with several of his posts on the D & G forum of late.

When you consider some of the types the companies were FORCED into accepting - Storm Boy, Captain Lightfingers, The Blind Man to name a few AN people - because of the dire shortage of applicants, and then accept that others of FAR better quality had applied but were rejected, goes against rational thinking - but makes a good story, and makes the scabs "feel better".
Think about it, and ask yourself how credible the tales are.

Anyway we look forward to hearing more about life as it was "on the inside" from you guys - The Dirty Dozen, or The 12 Disciples, as you became known.