PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - FlyBE
Thread: FlyBE
View Single Post
Old 22nd Apr 2003, 19:26
ATIS

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've been working for Flybe for several years now, and sure I'm also sniffing around other carriers aswell, however I can assure you working for Flybe has been brilliant.

I've said it once and I'll say it again, its not the management that makes the airline what it is, its the people. Who can honestly say that they wake up at 4 am looking forward to going to work cos they know they are gonna have a good laugh. The other colleages are great to work with.

Sure Flybe has problems, name me a UK airline that doesn't.
At least my mortgage is being paid.

New entrants are more than likely to start on the turboprop fleet as it is ever expanding.

Starting salary not so sure about, but when I stated few years ago it was £19000 plus £1.50 per hour flight pay. Flybe is definitely not one of the big payers in the UK if loadsa money is what you are looking for.

Night stops are random, depending on what base. Some bases hardly ever, other bases 6-10 days per month. Again night stops are generally a good laugh though. You may also have to cover other bases due sickness or shortages. I have worked out of every base at one point in time.

Hours per month is another lottery. I have prob averaged in the last couple of years 50-60 hours per month. However I hear many people reaching the 90 hour mark on a regular basis.

Not so sure about leave allowance. I think maybe around 30 days plus a couple more depending how long you have served with Flybe. Staff travel excellent. Loads of carriers to choose from due to our interline agreements eg. BA, Virgin, Emirates, Air France just to name a few.

Hope this helps. Absolutely no harm in at least applying.
Good luck, I hope you enjoy it has much as I have.