PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Still flying after Ansett & related stuff - Vol 2.
Old 22nd Apr 2003, 17:47
Capt_Zoolander

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool Still Flying after Ansett & related stuff volume-???

I don't bother looking in on this crap, much nowadays, but every now and then I do, and it really annoys me.

Firstly, I am one of the so called "dirty dozen", and I am proud to be one of them!

As a senior F/O, I had plenty of chances to "do the wrong thing". I chose to hang in "there", even in late December 1989, when I realised that some of our leaders had changed sides , I still stuck by my "guns". I knew we had lost but there was no way I would change sides. I was the guy that gave the "Fat Man" his knickname back in 1985. (just ask Jim)

During the "dispute" we were supposedly fighting for our jobs back. The AFAP asked me to resign, I "Resigned", they asked me, not to "scab", I did not SCAB. During the dispute when some of the senior AFAP figures tossed in the towel, we were told that "it was OK as they were working from the inside to fix the problem"

When the AFAP told us it was "OK" now to apply, I received the same response as everyone else, basically, "get stuffed!"

About a year later (after going through the same recruitment "B###Sh##" as an intake F/O), I was offered a postion in Melbourne
as an "intake F/O". I was stripped of any recognition of previous service.

I think you can, "get the idea".

I can't remember the exact date, but I think it was about six months or so are being "re-employed", that I decided to resign from the AFAP

This was a decision that I made myself with no pressure from anyone else.

I don't give a Sh**t, if some people here don't like it . I have a clear conscience do they? (you would be surprised at some of the stories I heard from the "Scabs" about who applied and when!)