PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - UK maybe procuring AH-64E.
View Single Post
Old 24th Mar 2014, 12:06
tucumseh

Received 172 Likes on 65 Posts
MOSTAFA

I’m sorry your Commanding Officer didn’t invite you to one of the “parties” (part of maintaining the build standard which, if not carried out, progressively invalidates the Safety Case and RTS). However, it is far more likely that either your HQ, Support Authority or Provisioning Authority didn’t arrange one in the first place, or refused to attend. Not entirely unknown, which is why any subsequent complaint would be ignored. It isn’t really a party – the agreed actions are effectively the work for MoD’s Technical Agency (the man with THE signature) and DEC for the forthcoming year; and help inform your Constraints Document. If the party isn’t held, what you want or need is largely guesswork to these postholders.

If there was a serious difference between what any companies charged for the same services, then one must first look to MoD. It is they who make a written declaration that the agreed price is “fair and reasonable”. Specifically, the person with Technical and Financial Approval delegation, which by definition is an engineer. I won’t go into all the problems caused by this policy not being implemented, but suffice to say non-engineers are permitted to self-delegate and make false declarations. That is fraud. It lies at the root of many deaths but not one BoI has ever mentioned it.

Your experiences of Lynx sounds horrendous. I’m more familiar with the RN variants, when they were Mk2 and 3, and while there were indeed problems, it is how the MoD and DAs react, to prevent recurrence, that is important. I know that sounds too simplistic in the face of your personal losses and I am a great advocate of understanding history the underlying causes, because without that knowledge you can’t hope to do better. I know many disagree with me. But I too have lost friends and colleagues, and hope you appreciate that much of what I say and do is directly related to preventing this happening again.

Last edited by tucumseh; 24th Mar 2014 at 17:18. Reason: typo