PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flying the Kudu?
View Single Post
Old 22nd Apr 2003, 15:07
BAKELA
Registered User *

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What kind????

Goffel, I see you have demoted "Captain Underpants" to "Corporal Undepants" already. Good on ya but I reckon we should give him a court martial for calling the Kudu a dog. The tribe on this side suggested a punishment of temporary demotion to "Lance Corporal G-String" for a period of 30 days. Unless of course we get a written aplogy on this thread. Cpt. Underpants do I hear you switching on your computer?

You see you have to be precise as to what type of dog you call the Kudu
The SAAF (41) squadon badge was a Pointer dog, on most occasions modified to represent a well endowed, ready for action, male specimen. Thus, calling it a dog of any lesser size than a Pointer is punishable by Kudu law. At MTOW it was definately a Rottweiler, not quick, but with a moer of a bite if you weren't awake.
But yes the Bosbok is a nice machine
Agreed! But it couldn't carry plenty wood for the braais or 300kg's of rump steak for the said braais or 36 cases of Castle (can carry more but bottle store ran out!).

The Wizard, which one IS the nicer looking of the two"?
When asked what was going on, he replied "they do it sometimes"!. Realized then that you require b@lls as big as avo's to fly those things!!!!!
REAL ORCA, I might have been your Captain on this flight. Did a couple with vlamgat pax out of Lanseria for Hoedspruit and "they did it sometimes". As for the Avo's - . In fact, I'll give my left avo to fly one again...it's been such a long time .
with the sliding door a good camera platfrom.
FB, we used to remove the door for paradropping and for air to air camera work. Had a limit on IAS with the door open and for door operation. Know of a few guys that 'lost' the door during descent after a paradrop. The air to air camera work I did with it was exquisite. Remember once with the late Herman Potgieter doing a sortie with a couple of SAAF museum aircraft. The Fairchild 24 and Hornet Moth posed no problem. Then we did the Vampire - get altitude, scream into a dive and wait for the Vamp (with full flap, divies out and at VMC!) to pass. A few quick shots and start all over again until enough photos taken. I hear you laugh REAL ORCA !!!! Then tables turned - enter the Storch. Storch climbs, Storch dives at VNE and Kudu passes with full flap at VMC!!! Great fun was had by all.

---------------------------------------------
Taildraggers teach you about the 4th dimension