PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MANCHESTER - 9
Thread: MANCHESTER - 9
View Single Post
Old 24th Mar 2014, 08:34
MANFOD

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well said logohu.

As for the earlier claim of 2 hours from a/c on stand to city centre for a meeting, it would be a worse case scenario - a pax with bags to collect last off the belt say 1 hour; slow walk to the station 10 minutes; just missed a train and 1 train cancelled so a 20 minute wait (is it 7 or 8 trains an hour into Manchester?) and a 20 minutes ride. What's that, 1 hour 50 minutes? Or is our Norwegian friend adding on a tram ride to St. Peter's Square? And yes, I know, there have been instances where pax have waited longer than an hour for bags late at night but even with a 90 minutes wait, a taxi would get them into the city within 2 hours.

Best case scenario: No hold bags (not unusual for business types)); out of the airport in 15-20 minutes; brisk 5 mins walk to the station; train leaves in 5 minutes; 15 minutes on a fast train; into Piccadilly in 45 minutes.

I'm disappointed that LN-KGL has used a worse case as being typical to support his increasing criticism of MAN. Of course it's got its faults and I've not been slow to criticise the airport at times but let's keep a sense of perspective.

To schedule a meeting in the city centre, without bags to collect, 90 minutes from scheduled arrival should even allow him time for that much cherished coffee first.