PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Voyager Plummets (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 24th Mar 2014, 07:58
BEagle

Received 271 Likes on 110 Posts
beardy wrote:
There may be some difference in the disposition of cockpit articles. We rarely have anything on the console next to the sidestick. We use the clip on the window for plates and the table for everything else. What is it that knocks the sidestick? A previous poster mentioned knees and elbows which, the way I fly, makes little sense to me, but then I don't cross my legs when flying
Does Voyager have OITs for the (still non-functioning) Mission Planning System instead of the normal A330 trays? I know that was planned for the KC-30A, but am not sure whether it's the same for the RAF version.

Quite how an elbow / knee can nudge a sidestick seems strange to me - don't pilots sit correctly in seats these days? I've seen a few co-pilots in other aircraft slouch in their seats with legs crossed when acting as non-flying pilot, but very few.

As for motoring the seat whilst acting as flying pilot, I can see that a slight nudge or two might be needed to fine tune the seat position, but that's about all.