PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - UK maybe procuring AH-64E.
View Single Post
Old 24th Mar 2014, 07:11
tucumseh

Received 172 Likes on 65 Posts
Mostafa

Still waiting for an example of "10 times the price" and what was said when you reported this fraud. (The fraud would be on the part of MoD).

Who have you asked about the accidents you mention? Did the BoIs not get to the truth? Few report it and, from my previous posts here, you know this frustrates me too. Offer an example and perhaps someone will explain.

I do know that at many of the "moan at the DA" days I've organised aircrew would, indeed, complain about this or that, only to be surprised at the reply. Very often the DA would tell a few home truths about product liability and the fact that on the few times MoD met their obligation to have them appraise a Service Mod, the report would say "It's safe, but it doesn't work", "It works, but it isn't safe" or "Doesn't work and isn't safe" - and MoD would ignore them and fit it and use it anyway. This tends not to be included in BoI reports as the decision to breach airworthiness regs absolves the DA of any liability. Try asking MoD how many times they have had a MF761 decision in their favour. (The result of a Fault Investigation - the 761 notes liability).

You don't say what you fly. Perhaps Lynx. I recall the IPT moaning about the cost of a high tensile steel bolt that Westland had quoted for. They wrote to the workshop and told them to nip down Halfords and buy one. Ever tried asking Halfords if this two and sixpence bolt has had, say, the correct vacuum cadmium and heat treatment? On that occasion the workshop declined and instead framed the signal. But somewhere, someone in MoD will be stupid enough to do what the IPT says. I wonder if that bit fell off?