PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MANCHESTER - 9
Thread: MANCHESTER - 9
View Single Post
Old 23rd Mar 2014, 22:05
Logohu

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well said NJJ. The same people who moan on here about delays caused by the current station expansion and metro construction would still be moaning if those infrastructure developments for the future were not going ahead. Some people just go out of their way to find fault.

And the Car Rental Village always works fine for me. It's far better than the previous arrangement where you had to find your way in a pee stained lift to a series of portacabins scattered across the windswept roof of a multistorey carpark.

The queues for immigration at Changi have been stretching to 30+ minutes on my last few arrivals there. Does that make Changi a bad airport ? I don't think so.

These days no airport of 20m+ passengers can be a perfect experience thanks to stricter security checks and all the other rules and regulations that go with 21st century air travel. In my experience whilst there is always room for improvement MAN is no worse than most comparable size airports, and way better than many I have used. It's got a great choice of destinations and airlines which is what I look for first in an airport, rather than stress about whether I will or won't have time for a coffee in Costa or if the taxi driver might be having a bad day.