PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Shortage of FI's in Scotland
View Single Post
Old 23rd Mar 2014, 07:21
mad_jock

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
There back ground doesn't really fit with the way things are flown up north Mach Jump. Also as well shall we say there is cultural differences between north and south about what's counted as a days work.

And to be honest Scotland isn't that big in school terms so it should be relatively easy to find out by themselves . When I was looking for a FI job I got a sniff on Thursday that a job was going way up north. Friday lunch I was in the car and Sat I was interviewed and got it, under a year later I had 1000 hours in the log book. I suggest anyone that's hungry for a job does the same thing and gets there finger out and does something and turns up in person will be in a full time job by Friday next week.

The thread will more than likely be pulled if I mention schools due to advertising rules. And to be honest it wasn't my intention to act as a recruiting agency. It was just the first time I had heard of lessons being cancelled due to lack of instructors since 2004.

Now that's interesting to me for 2 reasons.

1. does that means that quite a few are moving on (obviously that's happened)

2. Are the numbers going through FIC dropping from previously very over supplied levels.

I am concerned however that if our good guys get poached, and I think they will, we'll struggle to replace them
This seems to be a recurring statement. Maybe there isn't such a cultural difference with what's a proper days work or there are just not enough instructors who actually want to be instructors out there.

Last edited by mad_jock; 23rd Mar 2014 at 08:19.