PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CASA Vs Dalby LAME shop
View Single Post
Old 22nd Mar 2014, 07:40
safetymatters

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
damplanefacts.com post responses

Jaba
"If they were seriously outright dodgey and dangerous, fair enough close them down. but at the same time sack....yes SACK without any entitlements ALL the folk responsible for them being that way retrospectively as far back as you can trace".
Fair enough comment. Why didn't they? Because the CASA operations model is fundamentally flawed. They are the police, judge, jury and executioner. How the hell do you expect the 'family' to do in their own. Never going to happen.
"Why did Sandora close............THAT I know a bit about (smart move), why did Flinders Aviation have what was the best punch up in a long time? Why will CASA do all but formally apologise? I wish they would. I really do. If you knew the truth on these matters (and many here on PPRuNe do) you would not be so quick to criticise my albeit assumption, that this is another sledge hammer on a thumb tack".
Well, I know a bit about THAT too. It WAS a smart move. Why, because in all likely hood Sandora would have been following DAM to the AAT if they had not had the sense to close, which by the way plenty of their 'customers' were fully in favour of doing. And where did the Chief engineer from Sandora go?? to DAM! Now, as you say, "smell a rat"?

OZBUSDRIVER
"When the AAT uses the term "Egregious"....I was expecting a grievous act of malpractice on the repair and/or maintenance on the part of the principle...but a piece of paper not handed in in a timely manner???? Timely? An hour, a day, a week, 28days?. Bizarre!"
Go read the transcript again. It says this: "Because I take the view that the applicant's disregard of the requirements of the stay so clearly demonstrates an absence of fitness and propriety I do not intend to deal with the vast array of evidence that touches upon the other allegations made by the respondent even though I am clearly of the view that those matters also demonstrate egregious breaches of the applicant's duty and that the applicant is not a fit and proper person."

DAM182
"All the links refer to offences that seem to have happened prior to 2008 a long time ago, besides the AAT. Glen worked for Darling Downs Aviation at that time not Dalby Air. Thomson was the manager while all this supposedly happened. Glen and Ross look after the Darling Downs Aviation fleet for 8 years. Seems strange that they turned criminal only after they left Darling Downs Aviation employment and 8 years is a long time to not notice your employing criminals."
Yea, good one DAM182.

I'm with you Jaba:
"Bottom line. If CASA did their job right, none of this BS would happen.

End of argument".