PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - This pushes my button
View Single Post
Old 22nd Apr 2003, 00:47
sarboy w****r

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
With regard as to why s/he's coming out with only 600 hours... I think you'll probably find that this person is an Officer on a short service Commission or the like, and is now being required to go on to a staff (read desk) job. I'd go further and hazard a guess that 600 rotary hours represents about 4-500 hrs on a front line type. With the flying rate that most Officers are getting at the moment, this may represent as many as 5-6 years in a flying appointment. Officers in the Army (except those in NI) don't get very many hours each year (broad generalisation), and certainly not as many as professional civvie pilots.

I think that some of you are a little too quick to point accusing fingers. I figure that this person has probably done his/her time in the Service and the Service is now not taking him/her on for further (flying) service. If that person then wants to leave and look for work elsewhere then good luck to them! Asking for advice never hurt anyone, and the worse that can happen is that someone will say no! Chill out.

Just my 2p worth...