PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MANCHESTER - 9
Thread: MANCHESTER - 9
View Single Post
Old 20th Mar 2014, 16:25
j636

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well its Pegasus themselves who have said they wish to serve the North West, and with TK looking at 3 daily from MAN also, there must still be some wiggle room on the Istanbul market.
Supose so and it is the other airline in IST.

I still think what would be on offer isn't much and take DY's time at LPL I would be very suprised if they make any profit even with the subsidy. Completly loss making and Pegaus I can't see them doing much better.

Also I wonder: 'IS THIS EVEN LEGAL?'
One of the scenarios you point out might lead to a test case in the EU Court.
Then we'll all end up wasting even more public money on expensive lawyers.
It probaly is illegal, whats the differance between this and the proposals by Scotland which were stopped?

The best way to create extra business in all regional airports AND create a level playing field is to reduce or eliminate APD for non London airports.
London is different because demand outstrips supply - taxation policy can therefore be an effective tool for constraining demand whilst supply issues are being resolved.
For everywhere else it just crushes growth potential.
So all us rich people living or working in London area should be ripped off and pay for the poor regaionl airports to send passengers away

Supply/Demand sholdn't come into it and it would also be classed as illegal under EU rules to drop it outside of London and keep it in London.