PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Life after P2F
Thread: Life after P2F
View Single Post
Old 20th Mar 2014, 15:17
rej1977

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hallo guys,
I was against any p2f scheme. After finishing my flight school I didn't have any interview for 3 years.
Ryan refused my application without any explanation, they neither invited me for assessment. The only reason I can guess is that I was quite old at the time of application.
I decided to have a look at these p2f programs. I'm a Boeing fan, so I decided to check some indonesian companies or EagleJet.
Each one of us has his own needs, and financial issues, everything was so expensive and so "unsafe". I had just one bullet to fire and I decided to remain in Europe.
I finally landed in Air Baltic training center in Riga, where they showed me their facilities and their program.
The person I spoke with looked so sincere that I decided to join their type rating the same day.
I finished my type rating (including base training) within less then one month, and three months later they offered me their line training.
I had initially 10 months contract, during which I flew 740 hours, and immediately afterwards they offered me another contract (regular and paid this time), as they normally offer a normal contract to 50% of their p2f pilots, based on some promotion system.
I left the company later on and now flying 737 in another company with a permanent contract.
As far as I know, all my colleagues found a job somewhere, is important to start somehow.
What i suggest to all new pilots is first look for a normal contract and later look for a p2f scheme.
Right now Air Baltic is the cheapest in the world and with a great quality.
I just suggest nit to rely on such organizations who sell you programs if not an airline. Nobody can guarantee that you will sit in a cockpit. At least Air Baltic told me this from the beginning, but I've heard about some colleagues who went somewhere, they had troubles and didn't fly at all.... THINK CAREFULLY!!