PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Revalidating issues at Donair East Midland
Old 20th Mar 2014, 15:12
strollerweb

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Revalidating issues at Donair East Midland

Has anybody had an issues revalidating their SEP at Donair Flying Club based at East Midlands airport?

I did, or at least thought i had done my SEP revalidation last August 2013, but did not get a signature from an examiner as I was told told by an instructor and the CFI i did not not need one as I had the new EASE license! This is the first time i have gone through the process and was pretty sure I had understood it, but was convinced otherwise by those that should know about these things. SEP expired November 2013 so i have been flying with an out of date SEP at another airfield in December. lucky, ironically, bad weather and other commitments kept me on the ground through Jan and Feb!

As soon as the error was spotted i attempted to rectify the issue with Donair who informed me that I needed to fly mini skills test with an examiner in order to renew my SEP. Had this all booked up with Donair and a external examiner, but the owner MD has cancelled it and told me to go away! no explanation?

I have now sent a letter to the CAA explaining my situation detailing dates etc and will see what they say. I'm wondering if anyone has been through this type of thing and can give me a heads up on what to expect.