PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Why does it take the whole week to deliver the pay proposals?
Old 20th Mar 2014, 08:19
joebanana

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Great post Curtain Rod.... apart from the fact that it displays an incredibly naivety about the world.

<rant mode on>

Pay may be YOUR top priority but it is not necessarily everybody else's and in order to get the biggest increase in YOUR top priority then other factors have to be considered. If you don't think that rostering has any impact on our overall remuneration then you're even more in la-la land than I previously thought.

Fifth, we need to add language to all future motions that the date for CC stated in the motion is also the date to remove the president and GC from their positions if they cooperate with the adversary in their delay tactics and CC does not begin as called for in the motion.

Last, we need to create basic rules so that no future GC member is allowed to believe anything they are told by the adversary's negotiators until a document stating the agreements are signed by the CEO, nothing about "intent" remains outside of any agreement, wording in agreements must increase by at least a factor of 20 for all renegotiated and new agreements in order to remove all the intentional grey areas introduced by our adversary, and GC's that go off on a tangent (i.e. negotiating rostering when the membership wants pay fixed while wasting time on loophole-filled bargaining agreements) then each personal-agenda-driven "representative" will be fined 10000 HKD per day while doing so, and have their association credentials and membership revoked, and generally spend the rest of their careers being ignored.
You saved the best for last and this just demonstrates that you are utterly clueless about how a union works and shows that you have never spent a minute of your life actually representing other people. We can't even fill the GC positions at the moment yet you advocate punishing those that actually do stand up to be counted. Good luck with getting anybody else to stand up for election and represent YOU.

You accuse the GC of self interest or being 'personal-agenda-driven' but at least these people have stood up, given their time and energy and worked to try and get YOU your pay rise. I suggest that it is YOU, Curtain Rod, that is personally-agenda-driven and you don't give a toss about anybody else's priorities in life. You have been asked / challenged countless times to do your bit and get yourself on the GC yet you continue to constantly snipe from the sidelines while refusing to try and do the job that you seem to think is a piece of p1ss!

Forgive me if I'm tired of your selfish whining!

<rant mode off>