PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MANCHESTER - 9
Thread: MANCHESTER - 9
View Single Post
Old 20th Mar 2014, 08:06
Bagso

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vinnym

I'll rephrase, "its a waste of time AND a waste of money ".

I listened to the speech, the comment ref this fund was mentioned in a blink with no supporting detail !

It was an attempt at a headline grabber that worked, it got a few "here, heres" from ill informed MPs who don't have a clue.

I am happy to be corrected but the fund as I understand it only currently applies to airports with a throughput of 3m a year.....

Exeter, Inverness Durham Doncaster .....etc

"I am offering more help to Britain's regional airports like Liverpool, Leeds"

"here here guffaw, bloody guffaw"

What utter drivel !

So in effect it appears the scope or cap is being extended to airports where say the throughput is much higher !

Yes , this would then include the like of Liverpool etc its a pot which will if divided equally amongst only a small percentage of the UK regional airports would in effect be spread so thinly its almost transparent ?

The devil is in the detail, the actual budget documents themselves say little more.

Obviously I do realise that civic pride is at stake but the reality is we have too many airports and it would have been better "only in my opinion" to spend the money on a specific project (ideally in the North) in a concentrated manner with a guaranteed return on investment in a place where it WILL make a difference.

Over to Skippy on how much it costs to start a route and the burn rate ...but pretty sure £20m won't go very far