PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Still flying after Ansett & related stuff - Vol 2.
Old 21st Apr 2003, 13:43
Eastwest Loco

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Indeed Kap - an excellent thread with generally reasoned arguement, rather than bloodletting.

As to the comment regarding salaries of pilots compared to F/As, I do not ever dispute that what was said was very much correct.

Fact is that the pay scales were way out of whack with what the airlines were capable of producing at the time.

Yes - individual unions negotiated rates well above the station of the group of employees, and this caused more problems than it solved. There is no doubt the industry needed a serious restructure, which with the pertinent figures in front of us and a future path laid out, I am sure we would all have carefully embraced to find a logical level to keep everyone in work.

After Eenie Weenie was declared out of DPO (which I found out on the radio driving into Mooloolaba with Mrs Loco and the boys) I, having been transferred back to Traffic at DPO from Sales Manager Tas when that position went West in a restructure, cleared $2500.00 for my first fortnight there. It was insane, as were the hours.

We are all the victims of operational idiots and numerous lives have been changed forever by these lowlives, many of which one can still find in QF management.

Clive - thank you for an excellent and reasoned post. I have a feeling I may have met you somewhere back in the mists of time when aeroplanes had a white T or a big red A on the tail and all was right with the world, but cannot lock and load. Maybe buying Table Cape cheese on turnaround in the back room at TN Wynyard.

As for "sage" - I am not a rocket scientist Clive, just a very naughty load controller. Thank you for saying so. I have been called many things over the years but that is a first.

Best all - and thank you for at least opening the door a chink.

Amos - cool down please mate and best regards.

EWL

Ron Knight