PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flight school not returning Logbook! Please HELP!
Old 15th Mar 2014, 14:16
Clare Prop

Received 233 Likes on 106 Posts
Unfortunately a lot of progress records are a tick and flick exercise and a waste of paper, if they are filled in at all.

I have recently had the same issue with the school you mentioned (before it's name was edited) and in the end just had to go and ask for the cover page of the file with the hours flown and exams passed so at least I could cross check the hours (the student had already managed to extract his log book by pure persistance but there were no exam results entered in his logbook and it had never had the monthly stamp) and I was given a photocopy of it straight away. I'd phoned ahead to say I would be there in half an hour to pick it up and kinda made it clear I wasn't leaving without it. The rest of the file arrived a few weeks later, luckily this chap wasn't doing an integrated course.

If all else has failed your current CFI could send them a solicitor's letter asking for the file without further delay. In my experience that will usually do the trick. The law is on your side but it is the new CFI's job to get the file. There is a reason why there is a chain of custody of these documents. Good luck.

Last edited by Clare Prop; 15th Mar 2014 at 14:26.