PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SARS and CX cadet pilot programme and forum attitudes
Old 18th Apr 2003, 22:49
Flying Bagel

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
But it seems like you're the one on the high horse to say that everyone should be at your service. The attitude that you pose in this thread, in my opinion, definitely does not fit in a cockpit, where sometimes you have to do things that you won't like to do to get a job done, one way or another. There are many things in this world that you have to work hard for yourself, and if you're not even willing to go do some research on your own on this site, I don't think you'll make it through any aviation program. There are a lot more assinine things you have to do in aviation that are much worse than typing a few words in a search engine.

The excuse that you don't have time simply doesn't cut it. And if you go along those lines, I can simply tell you that I don't have time to post any elaborate responses to what you're asking.

People will not tell you to look up something if the info did not already exist. It's as simple as that. That's unless if you have some specific question which cannot be found right away.

In any case, there are a lot of people on this site that also have extremely bad behaviour. If you endeavour to be a good professional pilot, I suggest you not follow their path of thorns. And I must admit, your assessment that there are a few unhelpful and sarcastic people on this site (and in the industry) is not entirely untrue either. But if you stick up on your end of the bargain, you need not worry or complain about anyone else. Because in any career, not just aviation, you have to have thick skin to survive. Such disputes on such petty issues will do you no good.

The thing I hate the most is people who put up a complaint, without doing any work themselves. That kind of thing is only reserved for people who are either born rich, or are born into royalty.

At least don't act like this in your interview. Bad CRM messages here...