PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pilot Apprentice - Jet 2
View Single Post
Old 11th Mar 2014, 11:12
Mark321

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi guys,

This is just to notify you my experience with jet2.com till now.
I have started applying on the website since 2010. That time I was not rated on Boeing. Never received a confirmation nor any link.
By the time I got experience with another airline. This autumn I applied through a broker to join jet2 being already rated and experienced.
They wanna see you in person once you go to the assessment day and they decide if you will be good to be progressed to the sim check. All the tests are an excusant to cut you off should they you not good to be progressed to the sim.
About online tests.. i was told you can have till 4 attempts to pass them. everyone knows that they are tricky. Even buying some material from latest pilot job (not really the exact material perhaps) I got practise with both NRT and VRT bought from test preparation jet2 is using from psl, kenexa etc and I saw that nrt and vrt are very similar. The problem is the lack of time during the exam.
I tried the first attempt but i was notified i failed and i was given a second chance. It s strange how jet2 team works.. because during the second chance i did not calculate anything nor read the question of nrt. I just answered by chance and i was notified i passed the test. So??? They are doing assessment in leeds for both rated and non rated pilots. On February 26th there was one and the other will be on tomorrow 12th and i think there will be another assessment day by the end of the month. They wanna see your attitude and if u re shy and how u behave in front of some situations. Should not they retain you to meet those requirements they will use the excusant.. we are sorry but you did not reach the high score during the test. I saw also that pilots already rated were not progressed to the sim only because the did not speak english very well. Perhaps only jet2 is using those kind of tests.
I have many colleagues working for other companies like etihad, emirates, qatar, flydubai etc but they have never seen tests like jet2 is using.
In 2010 i tried also to apply as flight attentand with them. The math test was simple, just some equations and simpe calculations, the vrt was quite similar as for pilots.
I m sorry that nowadays there is all of this silly recruitment process from some companies. Noone is perfect an even for companies with high standard may happen an error. I would most prefer to cut those test and go straight there for the interview an sim check to show the real skills a pilot has to show for this job. I m not a manager nor a doctor and is bad to see an opportunity to fly on b737 to be cut by tests with no any connection with aviation. I now many guys get demotivated and sad by doing those test of course. Aviation is changed.. no wonder should I see some captains of jet2 doing those tests....
Good luck guys