PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MANCHESTER - 9
Thread: MANCHESTER - 9
View Single Post
Old 10th Mar 2014, 22:21
Bagso

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
"If there is going to be a London outside London, then it will be Manchester!

Nice quote from Mind The Gap....BBC2

Matched only by the belief based on a national survey that the UK populous believe Manchester is now the most important City outside London.

Can only be good for Manchester Airport if only MAG, Local MPs, The Council etc shared the same mojo !

In other news it's now surfaced via some somewhat secretive briefings that extra capacity at Heathrow will lead to a reduction in movements at every other single airport in the South East.

Fourth runway at Heathrow ?would block flight paths to other airports? | The Times

As a strong advocate of further expansion down there for a more realistic 4 runway megahub rather than tinkering with a lukewarm 3, i'm incredulous, I did raise this very same point .....er 2 years ago!

Perish the thought that the Davies Commission were not going to disclose this !

A fundamental point pushed into a draw in Whitehall ?

I doubt Manchester will benefit but it would be nice for Mr Davies to disclose as much information as he was given possible so MPs can make decisions based on facts !

Perhaps Evan Davies rather than the current incumbent could be relied on to present a fuller analysis of UK air transport capacity !

I await a "sensible" interjection from Mr North West whose postings normally follow mine with tedious , make that monotonous regularity

Last edited by Bagso; 10th Mar 2014 at 22:37.