PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Things have to get worse before they can get better
Old 10th Mar 2014, 13:00
Bealzebub

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
"A broken record"? I am not sure I understand what you mean. It is a consistent observation qualified by experience, example and substance, rather than a one line meaningless attempt at rebuttal. I am not talking up anything, nor have I mentioned any organisation in this thread as it hasn't been relevant to the discussion. I have no beneficial connection with any FTO and have made clear what my involvement and basis for comment is many times.

These are observations and explanations of something that exists in fact. If you want to dispute that, argue it, disbelieve it, or object to it, then fine. Otherwise I suggest either ignore it or make a contribution worthy of reading. If that is beyond your comprehension or you simply think I am lying then there isn't much I can do about that.

Good experience is good experience. However as history has shown time and time again, experience isn't a substitute for good training, and is often simply the trail of record leading up to the accident. Substituting a bucket full of experience and life experience for solid, mentored and verifiable training may be the pitch when that is all you have to sell, but more and more airlines are no longer buying it.

That is what I see, that is what I have said. You may describe that as "a broken record" and put your fingers in your ears, but it is a reality, and one that you are only too aware of yourself.