PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Moderators - dictators of taste?
View Single Post
Old 18th Apr 2003, 14:11
BEagle

Received 271 Likes on 110 Posts
I am qrateful to the Moderators for facilitating the inexorable slide into the gutter which the thoroughly unpleasant 'Ugly Wives' thread justly deserves.

This was a thread which opened with an outrageously unpleasant personal attack on the relatives of those returning from an operational theatre. It then continued with a series of weak, puerile posts which would have been out of place even on a prep school lavatory wall.

This was not 'banter'; far from it. It was inappropriate childish smut. As such I personally consider that it had no place on PPRuNe; I am NOT a Moderator but I, along with others, did ask for the thread to be deleted. PPRuNe Admin decided instead to facilitate certain measures which resulted in the properties of the thread which others have noted.

At a time when the bodies of those less fortunate than the Leuchars F3 crews were being returned to their grieving relatives, we had 'northernmonkey' and his aliases making these totally unacceptable remarks. OK - I may be a boring old fart, but I consider that there are limits to which PPRuNe should not be allowed to descend; I'm not sure that I would wish to associate with those who think to the contrary.

And that's all I have to say about that.