PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Things have to get worse before they can get better
Old 10th Mar 2014, 08:33
Three Lions

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ezy and RYR are doing their level best to turn it into a two tier industry in the BI with cadets paying to get into the top (jet tier) as a majority - the majority is increasing in percentage as we evolve.

The cadet routes into these two Airlines, although not the much maligned P2F in its truest sense of the word, are the nearest thing to have existed as P2F in the BI for a number of years. I suggest this as an obvious arguable point on the basis of the over the top cost on the schemes, and reduced t's and c's involved.

Modular/Unrated/ex Mil/Air Taxi/Turboprop/Instructors making up the bulk of lower tier (the glass ceiling a TP Commander)

Anybody with a modicum of nous can clearly see it is about the money. It is a cash cow dressed up with fancy words and flawed reasoning. I know in my own outfit the background of the new hire doesnt usually dictate too much of a difference in the standard shown.

There are arguements both for and against. Which are articulately laid out and the benefits are clear to see, they do to my mind, however balance each other out, if I were playing devils advocate I could counter that the benefit all the mentoring the training structure structure et al of the integrated route could be balanced out for example, in a very simple arguement by an ex modular students life skills/experience type of thing

There are many guys out there obviously frustrated, you can clearly see this , and totally understand it, in the threads all over this board with the current situation. This frustration unfortunately spills over on occasion and does dilute the arguement

The "cadet structure applauders" who tend to appear in twos and sometimes even threes all over this forum - as stated I have no issue with your perception that this stream is filled with bonuses, but even you guys must have the basic intelligence to see what damage this percentage of this type of recruitment is doing to the industry as whole. It smacks at the very best of "im all right jack".