PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Newcastle Airport
View Single Post
Old 18th Apr 2003, 03:43
transwede

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Good news for the airport if FR come up with the goods. Milan, Frankfurt and Stockholm would be great for the region. I've always thought Newcastle was under served. As for easyJet PMI, AGP and NCE will be a money-spinner for them. Maybe easy could throw an ATH service in, as theres a large greek community and Axon Airlines once looked into it.

I also heard LH were going twice daily, shame they couldn't get twice daily slots into FRA. Nice to see 'big' airlines like SK showing an interest in NCL, atlast.

Go-arounder I don't think we'll have to wait too long for the BA BRS-NCL route to get chopped. Rumour has it that BACX FSAS Part III is on its way and BRS base is for the chop. As for the LHR/LGW they're here to stay....hopefully.

Finally on the charter side this summer there is the usual mix, with the addition of Hola Airlines 737-300, working on behalf of Excel Airways. JKP505 the only reason that airlines such as Hola come into NCL is that Excel do not have enough aircraft to base one of their own, so better that than nothing at all.

Usual foreign carriers serving NCL, with new Turkish carrier Inter Airlines debuting on fridays and Malmo Aviation doing the VCE charter. Having said this, thats all past info as the airport have not yet produced a Charter Programme for Summer 2003 or if they have I don't know where i can see a copy!!!!!!!!!!! Anyone got any ideas????