PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Moderators - dictators of taste?
View Single Post
Old 18th Apr 2003, 02:59
Ali Barber

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Moderators - dictators of taste?

We used to be self-moderating on Mil Aircrew, but I believe it was security concerns over GW2 that led to the Mil moderators being created.

Northern Monkey started a thread on Ugly Wives that had me in stitches (and I am an ex-F3 driver so it was targetted in general at me). I could see the funny side and took it for the banter I thought it was, but some people seemed to take it as a personal attack (probably the type that read Flight from the front instead of the back).

It was suggested by some people that Northern Monkey delete the thread. Instead, it appears that the moderators have sentenced it to a slow lingering death. Try posting a new reply on the thread and you will see that it does not rise back to the top of the ladder. Given a few more topics and it will slip off the bottom of the page.

The thread has probably had a long enough run anyway, but are we being dictated to about what is in good or bad taste? Rants about Israel Vs the Arabs, personal abuse or security concerns are good enough reasons to take a thread down.

If the moderators think this was personal abuse, shouldn't they have the courage of their convictions and take the thread off completely.