PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Newcastle Airport
View Single Post
Old 18th Apr 2003, 02:08
Go-arounder

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool

Well Ryanair have publicly declared there intention to join some dots with Newcastle which can only be good for Newcastle and the Northeast. As for over capacity, I don’t think so, the area has cried out for some of these routes for years.
I have just been NCL- BCN with Easy and was impressed with the number of Spanish on the flights! Its right what people say low cost creates a market of people who otherwise wouldn’t have travelled! Newcastle is growing in the city break market, just look at the number of french on the last CDG each friday! Again great for the city of culture bid.

As for BA, I think LGW & LHR are safe for the moment, but who knows after some of BA’s recent decisions! As for the BRS who knows what BACX has in store for the DH8 fleet or the E145’s sitting doing nothing at BRS (press release in Dec02 had the NCL-BRS as an E145 from end March03!). Even with Easy starting BRS in August it is a route which still needs a business service through out the day.

Summer is looking good, the seventh based IT was Hola with a B733 last I heard, but that was over a week ago, any thing could have happened!