PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Newcastle Airport
View Single Post
Old 17th Apr 2003, 17:35
JKP505

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Newcastle Airport

From a little source at NCL... Ryanair are planning to offer European flights from Newcastle, beginning from the Winter timetable. The likely destinations would be: Dublin x4; Stockholm Skavsta x1; Frankfurt Hahn x2; Milan Bergamo x1. Not a base in itself, as it is just joining the dots of FR's other bases.

Likely new easyJet routes to AGP, PMI and NCE, according to my source. NCL-CDG route to fly to ORY.

LH looking to increase NCL-DUS flight to twice daily, and Star Alliance partner Scandinavian keen to restart a CPH service... What about the OSL route?

Who are the Summer 2003 charter carriers from NCL anyway? I know MYT A320/A321; BY B757/B763; SCY B757; TCX B757 are certs, but who is the other one? Hola or MD Airlines, and who will they be flying for? NCL needs AMM back at the airport, to stop sub-standard carriers like these taking up slots.

Possibly, BA have considered dropping ALL routes from NCL. Well, that's only BRS, LGW and LHR?

Is there any foundation to any of this? I think the airport would suffer from real over-capacity if all of this happened?