PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Nothing beats TOGA-power
View Single Post
Old 17th Apr 2003, 05:01
Pegasus77

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi all,

Thanks for your reactions.

CBS and Purr: To using rudder on short final... I dunno... I use rudder to align the aircraft with the centerline in the end, but to counteract a gust with rudder input, well it might work, but that's not what I have been told. I'll ask our training department what they think of it.

RBF: I have seen the TAP-video before, and my personal conclusion is that in the end they suffer from PIO, which I think is proven by the fact that after applying TOGA-power, there is no wingdancing anymore.

CBS: The recommendation to use flaps 3 in gusty conditions came from a softwarebug wich caused an almostcrash during a goaround, where some airbusprotection prevented the nose from being pulled up. The software has been updated, and with that update this recommendation -I think- has disappeared. Still you could consider a flaps 3 approach during gusty conditions, which would make sense to me. I'll keep it in mind the next time I encounter such weather.

FlyMD: If it was up to Airbus, monkeys would be flying our airplanes

Apperently my colleages experience this gustyweather-behaviour not as often as I do, if I can conclude that from the GA-rate. Or they perform a GA more often than they admit (real men do'nt go around ), or (who knows) they know an Airbus-trick which I don't know. I'll go to the training department and talk about it some more; if I get new views on the subject I'll post it offcourse.

Again thanks for your thoughts on this subject!

P77