PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MANCHESTER - 9
Thread: MANCHESTER - 9
View Single Post
Old 2nd Mar 2014, 21:02
LAX_LHR

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Foreign Charter ops at MAN

Some good and bad news regarding our usually plentiful 'foreign' (or slightly unusual) charter carriers this summer.

Small Planet (P7)

I think someone earlier in the thread asked about Small Planet routes.

For Olympic Holidays, they seem to have a Tuesday Chania, and Friday Corfu. Im not sure where else they are flying.

Germania (ST)

Germania seem to be basing 2 aircraft at Manchester this summer, based on the current schedules.

For example, Tuesday sees ST3595 arrive from HER at 1815, yet ST3616, also a flight to HER, departs at 1700.

There are a few days and few destinations that have this crossover, so will be interesting to see how it pans out.

Thomas Cook (Pegasus, Evelop, Nouvelair and British Airways)

There was due to be a Saturday Pegasus to Antalya, Evelop to Lanzarote, Nouvelair to Djerba and British Airways (citiflyer) to Mahon. All 4 of these flights now seem to have been dropped and replaced with sole TCX flights.

British Airways:

Sartadur Holidays normally use Citiflyer on Saturdays to Cagliari and Sundays to Olbia. Flybe were used part season last year and BA in the latter months, but this year there does not seem to be any option to fly from Manchester on the Sartadur website.

Flybe:

Have dropped all charter flying this summer. Other airports seem to have their flybe replacements publicised now, but Manchester seems to be very hard to track down. Have previously operated to Verona, Innsbruck, Almeria and others, but I can only (partly) find the info on the Innsbruck replacement, as mentioned below.

Austrian Airlines:

I have been reliably informed that Austrian will take over the former flybe charter to Innsbruck, with an A319 and in line with similar take overs of the LBA and BRS routes. Inghams still show flybe as operating, but as BE999 in both directions, but as a non-based flight pattern. Time will tell when Austrian will appear.

Freebird:

Are said to be operating up to 9 weekly flights as last summer, and have been operating Antalya this winter. However in line with the past 2 seasons, I have no idea who these flights are operating for nor find a timetable.

Onur Air:

Running at least 3 weekly flights to Dalaman with 1 continuing to Ercan.

Monday A 1930 D 2030
Saturday A 1125 D 1220 continues to Ercan
Saturday A 1900 D 2000

Tunisair:

Seem to be pullingManchester ops completely. Last summer ran a Saturday Enfidha alongside their TUN ops.

Long winded post but quite a long round up.